Le Marche Antique Markets
Street fairs selling antiques, bric-a-brac, the not-so-old stuff that’s known in Italy as modernariato, and even what some might label as junk have become popular across the peninsula and over twenty towns in Le Marche now have a regular antiques market.
The main monthly fairs near our Le Marche villa include
- Ancona on the last Sunday of the month and the Saturday before
- Ascoli Piceno on the third Sunday and Saturday before
- Fano on the second Saturday and Sunday
- Pesaro on the third Sunday, Recanati on the first Sunday and Saturday before
- Tolentino on fourth Saturday and Sunday
- Civitanova Marche on the 4th Sunday.
- Fermo has an antique and collectors market every Thursday in the months of July and August.
- Sarnano also has the National Antique fair during the last week of May and the 1st week of June. Alternatively, for other seasonal fairs in the Le Marche region, try this link to what’s on.
Weekly Food and clothing Markets in Le Marche
Le Marche markets are a common fixture in most towns and big villages, these are weekly markets and in general these are open from early morning until lunchtime (1pm). The following list are the pick of the Le Marche markets owns in the province of Macerata that deserve a sightseeing visit anyway:
- Monday: Loro Piceno market
- Tuesday: Mogliano, San Benedetto del Tronto,
- Tolentino Wednesday: Le Marche markets at Amandola, Ascoli Piceno, Macerata
- Thursday: Sarnano market plus wet fish stall most weekdays in Piazza Liberta
- Friday: Caldarola market
- Saturday: Civitanova Marche market
- Communanza, San Severino
- Sunday: San Ginesio